Homemade Yeast Infection Remedies
Homemade yeast infection remedies are a good idea so long as you already know the symptoms and you are sure you are suffering from a yeast infection. If you are not sure, visit a doctor and you will get the clarification. Homemade yeast infection remedies usually have no side effects if used correctly. The lack of side effects is the single greatest benefit that homemade yeast infection remedies have over OTC medication. Homemade yeast infection remedies aren’t just confined to vaginal yeast infections; they include male homemade yeast infection remedies, which you can read more about here.
There are many homemade yeast infection remedies floating around. However, the homemade yeast infection remedies below are proven to work and the ingredients are easy to find.
1. One of the best homemade yeast infection remedies is Yogurt. It contains the natural bacteria acidophilus that can destroy the fungus causing the infection. The best part of using yogurt is that it does not burn or irritate like other homemade yeast infection remedies do. It is used both internally and externally. Even if you do not have a yeast infection, using yogurt regularly helps fortify your system against future assault
2. Apple cider vinegar is another of the potent homemade yeast infection remedies. However, many women do not prefer this cure because of the strong sensation that it produces. Vinegar is very difficult for oral intake and topical application is very painful too. The best way to take an apple cider vinegar treatment to get rid of a yeast infection is to make a mild douche of it with water
3. Your diet is of prime importance when you have a yeast infection. It is extremely important to keep away from spicy foods in particular and generally all foods that can cause constipation. Instead, you should stick to leafy green vegetables and salads when you have a yeast infection.
4. Garlic is another of the effective homemade yeast infection remedies that can be used both internally and externally. Chomp on a few cloves of garlic each day, preferably in the early morning when you haven't eaten anything yet. If you do not care much for the strong pungent taste of garlic, you can wrap it in cheese paper and introduce it into the vagina, where it will do its work of quelling the fungal attack. Avoid cutting the garlic clove if you are inserting it into the vagina or else it will cause a burning sensation
5. Yeast infections can also be kept at bay by consuming a glass or two of cranberry juice daily. Cranberry juice has the natural ingredients needed to increase the body's resistance against fungal attacks and therefore one of the best homemade yeast infection remedies
Never ignore a yeast infection. The infection does not disappear by itself; you have to take some action. These homemade yeast infection remedies will help if you do not wish to seek medical assistance. However, if the problem persists after using homemade yeast infection remedies, you will need to seek medical attention, because you may be suffering from something else.